The NJC Employers’ Side met today (23 February) and we have just been sent their response to our pay claim. It contains a ‘full and final offer’.
The headline pay offer is for a permanent, consolidated pay increase of £1925 from 1st April 2023 (pro rata for part-time staff).
- This is worth 9.42% at pay point 2, and 3.88% on pay point 43
- Those on above pay point 43 would get 3.88%
- NJC allowances would go up by 3.88%
On the other elements of the claim:
- Informal exploratory discussions at Joint Secretary level on planning a review of pay spine
- Family leave and pay – repeated the offers made in 21 and 22
- Rejected our call for a review of JE outcomes for SEND; but propose that JETWG look at model role profiles to see if terminology needs updating/refreshing
- Reject getting to £15 minimum in two years
- Reject role profiles for support staff with advisory banding structure
- Nothing on annual leave, shorter working week, home working allowance
The NJC Committee will meet now meet as soon as possible before asking for the view of branches. We'll update you with more information as we receive it.
You can see a copy of the offer and download it here